Do not install this software unless you agree with the terms of this
ChaosHunter User License Agreement
Ward Systems Group, Inc. licenses ChaosHunter software under the following terms and conditions, which you should read carefully before installing the software. Your installation or use of ChaosHunter indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. TITLE AND LICENSE. Title and full ownership rights to ChaosHunter shall remain with and are hereby retained by Ward Systems Group, Inc. You may use ChaosHunter on several computers so long as you, solely, are the only operator of this software on all such computers at all times. It may not be used in a multi-user environment by more than one user. A multi-user license may be obtained from Ward Systems Group, Inc. at reduced rates. You may not rent or sublease ChaosHunter, but you may transfer ownership permanently provided you do not retain any part of the software or documentation, and the new owner accepts the terms and conditions of this agreement.
2. INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED. ChaosHunter requires a live Internet connection during ChaosHunter startup and each time a new optimization is initiated. You agree that it is your responsibility to assure that your software or hardware firewalls allow ChaosHunter to make all such connections. At the first logon on any computer a valid serial number and password are required. You acknowledge and accept that hardware and software difficulties may sometimes temporarily prevent ChaosHunter from starting or initiating an optimization, and you agree to assume this risk.
3. LIMITED WARRANTY. ChaosHunter is warranted to operate substantially as described in the accompanying documentation for a period of 30 days. If you are not satisfied with ChaosHunter you may request a refund within 30 days from receipt. You must also send Ward Systems Group, Inc. a letter or email stating that all copies of the software in any form have been removed. Shipping costs (if any) will not be refunded, and credit card or bank processing fees incurred by Ward Systems Group will be deducted from the refund. After 30 days, there will be no refund at all.
ChaosHunter cannot reasonably be expected to operate on hardware or operating systems versions that did not exist when the last release of ChaosHunter was created. New versions may render ChaosHunter obsolete, so you must first verify that ChaosHunter will run on new versions when upgrading your computer or operating system in the future. Contact Ward Systems Group, Inc. to see if new releases of ChaosHunter are available for your planned upgrades in the future. Ward Systems Group, Inc. reserves the right to require purchase of any such new release.
Ward Systems Group, Inc. provides no guarantee or warranty that ChaosHunter will work properly in a distributed processing mode across a computer network. The distributed processing features of ChaosHunter are provided only on an â€œas isâ€ basis. Since troubleshooting network and multi-CPU issues is extremely difficult even on-site, Ward Systems Group, Inc. will provide no technical support for any network or multi-CPU issues. Contact your Network Administrator for assistance with any network or multi-CPU problems you may encounter.
Financial trading comes with substantial risk of loss, including possible loss of principal and other losses, even when using computerized trading methods, formulas, and systems. Success of a formula or trading method in the past does not guarantee or even imply success in the future. The use of any trading system or strategy does not and cannot guarantee that you will make profits, increase profits or minimize losses. Additionally, trading results based upon hypothetical or historically-tested trading systems do not necessarily compare to results of actual trading. No hypothetical or historical trading record can completely account for the level of risk present in actual trading. There is no guarantee that your hypothetical trading results, even if tested against historical data, will produce comparable actual trading results. In fact, there are frequently sharp differences between hypothetical or historically-tested performance results and the actual results subsequently achieved by any particular trading system or strategy. You agree that you understand the risks.
The remedy for breach of this warranty is limited to refund of purchase price. Ward Systems Group, Inc. will not be liable for any consequential, special, direct, indirect, incidental, or other similar damages or claims from the use of ChaosHunter or any services provided therewith even if Ward Systems Group, Inc. or its agents have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Ward Systems Group, Inc. provides ChaosHunter without any other warranties, expressed or implied, written or oral, including warranties for fitness for a particular purpose. In fact, Ward Systems Group, Inc. makes no warranty that ChaosHunter will make adequate predictions, classifications, or trading models for any purpose. ChaosHunter, like other modeling techniques, will not provide good models unless relevant inputs and examples are provided by you, and for some applications, it may be very difficult to find relevant inputs and examples. The entire risk as to the applicability, quality, and performance of ChaosHunter rests with you.
3. SELLING OR DISTRIBUTING APPLICATIONS. Licensee-written executable applications containing the ChaosHunter's run-time OCX interface, or any equations generated by ChaosHunter, may be freely distributed without royalty payment subject to the provisions in this agreement. Any sale or distribution of any part of the ChaosHunter run-time OCX interface or applications made with same or ChaosHunter generated formulas are subject to the indemnity provisions of this license agreement.
4. MAIN DEFENSE AND INDEMNITY. Ward Systems Group, Inc. is not responsible in any way for the performance of any applications or formulas developed by or for you, or for the performance of any part of the ChaosHunter run-time OCX interface distributed with such applications and formulas. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Ward Systems Group, Inc., its officers, directors, attorneys, employees, agents, and customers from any and all third-party claims, losses, damages, expenses, costs, judgments, or other liabilities, including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees, costs, and expenses, arising out of or related to the distribution or use of any copies of the ChaosHunter run-time OCX interface or applications or formulas made by or for you.
5. HACKING AND PIRACY. Any attempts to use a false serial number, hack, reverse engineer, deconstruct, distribute your software to others, distribute your serial number and password to others, or any other attempts to circumvent our software protection authorization process will result in the termination of your license and the forfeiture of your right to a refund. Any such attempt may also constitute grounds for legal and criminal action.
6. USING THE SOFTWARE TO MAKE INVESTMENT AND TRADING DECISIONS OR TO INITIATE TRADES. All software, including ChaosHunter, contains errors, and all financial market and similar databases and services contain inaccuracies and mistakes and are incomplete in certain respects. You are strongly advised to verify pricing and all other relevant information prior to making any trade or investment. YOU, SOLELY, FULLY ASSUME THE RISK THAT ERRORS OR INACCURACIES IN THE SOFTWARE AND/OR THE DATA MAY RESULT IN YOUR REACHING CONCLUSIONS THAT YOU MIGHT NOT OR WOULD NOT HAVE REACHED HAD SUCH ERRORS AND/OR INACCURACIES NOT BEEN PRESENT. YOU AGREE THAT WARD SYSTEMS GROUP SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATEVER FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES OF SUCH ERRORS, INACCURACIES OR FAILURES.
7. CHOICE OF LAW. This Agreement shall be deemed to have been made in the State of Maryland and shall be construed, and the rights and liabilities of the parties determined, in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, USA. Venue for any dispute shall be proper only in Frederick County, Maryland.
8. GENERAL. If any provision herein is held to be unenforceable or void, that provision will be deemed to be deleted and shall not affect the validity of the Agreement or any other provision, each provision being severable and independent. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding regarding ChaosHunter, and any prior communications, advertising, or representations, including all requirements in your purchase order, are superseded. You agree that Ward Systems Group, Inc. is not bound by any terms or conditions in your purchase order or other prior agreements or requirements of your company. This Agreement may only be modified in writing between you and Ward Systems Group, Inc. Questions concerning this Agreement should be directed to Ward Systems Group, Inc.